Saturday, November 2, 2013

AIRPLANES

Everyone is afraid of something. If you tell me you're absolutely fearless you're a filthy liar. EVERYONE is scared of something, EVERYONE has something they are uncomfortable with. It's the truth.

Now, I could type up a list of every little thing I'm scared and that would range from spiders, to frogs, to haunted houses but that would just be boring. So, since I'm in a class where analyzing is key, I decided that I would analyze my fears and see what exactly is it that I'm scared of. Is it truly frogs or something completely different?

I am incredibly afraid of flying. This is rather ironic because I have flown over the Atlantic Ocean 15 times and am on an airplane at least once a year if not more. I'm not one of those weirdo's who the second the plane starts moving begins screaming bloody murder and insists on being taken off the plane. If that was the case, I would never have been able to fly across the ocean that many times. But seriously, I am really scared. I can't really calm down until I am completely off the plane on solid ground. It's not a fear of enclosed spaces or a fear of heights. It's a fear of having the plane
break down and hijackers. Now, I know this is rather ridiculous because I have a greater chance of getting into a car accidents than having my plane break or getting attacked by hijackers but those statistics don't help. I still can't help thinking that the guy sitting next to me on the plane is about to whip out a gun or that noise I just heard is the sound of the engine failing. I think that the reason I'm truly scared is because I am not in control. I don't know what is going on inside of the cockpit or what the person next to me is doing. I am rather independent and nosy so I like to know anything and everything. When I'm on an airplane that is just not possible. Also, living in a country where 9/11 caused so much pain and damage does not help me while flying. Also, not gonna lie but I'm super scared of dying and for some reason I associate planes and dying. 

Also rather ironic, my goal in life is to travel the world so I have no idea how I plan to do that if I'm scared of flying. Better learn to get over that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment