Saturday, September 7, 2013

WHO AM I?

Hiiiii. So I'm writing my first blog for my AP Comp. class. It's pretty exciting because I have always wanted to start a blog and have millions of followers and become internet famous but it's obviously not going to happen because my life is truly boring. You shall see this in the following summary of my life.

I was born in the middle of the night, in the middle of February in the middle of Siberia. That's right. Novosibirsk, Russia is my place of birth. Whenever I tell people that I was born in Siberia everyone's like "OMG. Did you live in an igloo?! Did you see bears?!" NO. Novosibirsk in the 3rd biggest city in Russia and very modern as you can see in the following pictures. (Green building is the main train station - the apartment where I lived is to the right of it) So, when I was 2 and a half years old my parents and I moved to Minneapolis and I have been living here ever since.

My childhood was not that exciting. I just kinda hung around the house and bugged my parents. When I was 5 I started Kindergarten (i don't know if i spelled that right- don't judge) at Robbinsdale Spanish Immersion school. Yep. So I'm fluent in 3 languages. I must say that it has proven to be very helpful and I'm so grateful to my parents for sending me to that school. I feel pretty special that I'm capable of communicating freely in those languages. During elementary school I started rhythmic gymnastics. It's more of a European sport and very few people actually understand the rigor and the work that the sport requires. I did gymnastics until I was 11 and then I fractured my back. WOOOOT! Back brace for 3 months. How exciting. When I finally got the brace off I couldn't even touch my toes so that was it for gymnastics. I was pretty bored just sitting around at home so I picked something unique but that didn't strain my back. So I started ballroom dancing! 

Ballroom dancing is another sport (yes, it actually is a sport) that very few people know about. I danced anywhere from 4-5 times a week for about 3 hours. I had a permanent dance partner named Geordie and we competed all over the country. We went to competitions in New York, Chicago, Seattle, Phoenix, and Baltimore (Seattle and New York were my favorite). Just because I'm bored I will insert a link of me and Geordie dancing. NO laughing.



So yeah. That was me.... I actually quit dance 2 weeks before school started. I was super busy and I got a job at Caribou and I just didn't have the time to commit. It's sad not being able to go and just dance anymore but who knows, maybe I will pick it up again next summer just for fun.

Other than that, nothing too exciting has happened in my life so I guess I will just post a few pictures of myself and my boring life.

Spain 2012


My sister Vika and I in Mexico



Okay. So I just put way too much effort into writing this blog post and I still have other homework to do. So I'm gonna be done. Ok. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment